Updated: Jul 27, 2020
No animal origin food can transmit pathogen responsible for this pandemic.
There is no evidence which shows that any domestic food producing animal like chicken, goat, sheep, fish, pig etc can transmit this virus.
Bats are most likely to have the storage of the severe acute syndrome coronavirus-2. But there is no reported case of bat-to- human transmission case till date.
One should have well-cooked meat which will no way harm your body or be responsible for any disease. But contaminated meat can be host for many pathogens such as salmonella sp., E.coli., etc.
To reduce the risk of food borne illness following points should be kept in mind:-
1. Avoid having raw animal origin food (like raw chicken).
2. Cook it upto internal temperature of 70°C.
3. Raw meat before cooking should not be kept in contact with other foods. It can contaminate other food.
4. Cover cooked meat properly, as other contaminants can harm the cooked meat.
5. The food handling surface and equipment should be clean. As if the surface is contaminated it can potentially contaminate the food. Coronavirus can survive on such equipment and surfaces,if the surface is contaminated.
6. Personal hygiene is also the main point to kept in mind. Frequently washing hands is key to maintain hygiene. Sick person can spread the pathogen to food while sneezing, coughing, etc.
7. The live slaughtering areas become potential to spread pathogens. In order to reduce the risk of pathogen transmission, lairage areas should be cleaned regularly.
"FOOD SAFETY IN TH TIME OF COVID-19" BY FOOD AND AGRICULTURE ORGANIZATION.
Remember all this points while you're buying and consuming animal origin food. According to me, no food is harmful, we should take appropriate actions while consuming.This could be the only key protection I would suggest. :)
Our health is our wealth. Always remember precautions are better than cure.
Food is and always be the best healer.
See you with some exciting and knowledgeable information in my next article.
Till then take care of yourself.
For any queries and further information please feel free to comment and contact me anytime.
Please subscribe to my website to get notification of my new blogs.